Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Six Flags Read To Succeed Program Deadline!!!

If you are a homeschooler like me, you take advantage of every "free" incentive that you can find to encourage reading (or just anything free).  If it's a super fun outing such as an excursion to Six Flags, then I'm all over it!  We've been moving and having all kinds of obstacles in our way to keep us out of school the past two weeks. So you can imagine my overwhelming joy when I went over to the Discovery Education site to see if we'd missed our deadline for submitting our reading log and found that the deadline had been EXTENDED!  That's right, the initial deadline was for March 4, 2011 but has been extended til today, March 9, 2011 4pm EST.
So Please, please, please...if you haven't logged in your homeschoolers reading hours yet, hurry on over to the Six Flags Read To Succeed site and log them in.

The log in process is so easy that it feels like cheating.  My kiddos keep a reading log but don't write down the hours that they spend reading.  So we decided to estimate as closely as we could.  When I pulled up our account and began logging in the hours in a frantic panic, there was a drop down box that lets you choose from selections like "book, comic book, newspaper, magazine, and other."  I click on my selection and then the next drop down box has time increments of 15 minutes, so you can choose from 15,30,45, and 60 minutes.  That's It! Frantic mama turns cool as a cucumber and got the job done.
It took me all of two minutes to log my kiddos reading hours and they have free tickets to Six Flags Fiesta Texas coming in the mail in mid-May.

Folks, it really doesn't get any better than this.  The best part is, I get a free ticket too!  It's on to Six Flags for us.  Hurry and get your tickets, we just might see you there;)

~Blessings~
Claudea B.



1 comment:

Christine said...

Hi Claudea! I used to love 6 flags parks when I was a kid, though we don't have any by us now. Sounds like the incentive program is simple and will work well for your family!! I'm a homeschooler too, so we have that in common. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and for your comment. I pray blessings on your marriage and family.