Monday, March 28, 2011

Breakfast In Bed...On a Weekday!

Do you see that cute little girl in the picture?  Well that is my Sunshyne and she is the sweetest daughter that I could have ever imagined having.  I'm going to tell you a little story about a touching event that, despite how small the gesture may seem, was he biggest and best moment of the entire month for me.

I awoke this morning a little grumbly from a week of broken sleep and overwhelming fatigue.  I'd know that the past few weeks have been difficult for my Sunshyne as well.  Since we moved into our new home her cat, Saturday, has had to bunk with Sunshyne at night and has not been sleeping well.  In fact, Sunshyne has reported to me that he will wake up around 4:00am and want to play.  He starts slapping her with his paws and jumping from dresser to bed and then back again, all in the effort to keep himself entertained in the wee hours of the morning.  As a result, my Sunshyne has waken up just about every morning, some mornings in tears, from shear fatigue.

This is Saturday by the way

Take a look at those mischievous eye...

So imagine my surprise when I received a knock on my door, immediately after I opened my eyes to the world (almost as if timed precisely).  It was my Sunshyne with this delicious treat in hands.

She said, in the sweetest little voice, "good morning mama, I made you breakfast in bed."  As I wiped my sleepy eyes with a big smile on my face I gave her the biggest most appreciative "thank you baby" that I could muster.

What could I have possibly done to deserve such a wonderfully, thoughtful little girl???  I must have been really good at some point in time:)

Here's a better picture, but as you can see I have three microwave-type pancakes (very delicious) with Mrs Butterworth syrup (my favorite), a nutritious orange, and a refreshing glass of my favorite Minute Maid Fruit Punch juice, which I'd drunk before I had the fore-thought to take these pictures (I was REALLY thirsty).
She's lined the tray with a woven place mat and set it with my best silverware...How thoughtful!

How selfless of her to think of me and how rough my mornings have been from broken sleep, to put aside her own grief and think about me.  This was such a touching gesture that I just had to share it with all of you.  I know that I'm a better person from having experienced this type of love, it makes me want to show the same love for someone else.  Mainly my Sunshyne, but to also apply that lesson in my life and try harder to display acts of selflessness to others...you never know who truly needs that act to touch their lives.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

~Blessings~
Claudea B.



1 comment: