Friday, January 28, 2011

Recipe: Corn Pudding



My family loves corn, whether it is on the cob (whole or niblet), whole kernel or creamed, frozen, or out the can.  I can cook it on the grill, boil it, roast it, fry it, put it in a stew...whatever way I make it they are going to love it.  There ABSOLUTE favorite way to eat it however is as a pudding.

I've made this recipe several times and it seems that each time I have to make a bigger batch.  So if your family loves corn or even just enjoys corn, give this recipe a try...I'm sure your family will love it!

Here's what you'll need...remember, I like quick and easy:

Ingredients

*2 cans of whole kernel corn
*2 cans of cream style corn
*6 large eggs (room temperature)
*1/3 cup of melted butter
*1/3 cup of granulated sugar
*1/2 cup of milk
*1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
*4 tablespoons of cornstarch

Putting It all Together

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Lightly whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl and add 1/2 cup of milk.  Next, whisk in your melted butter, being careful that the butter is not hot enough to cook the egg mixture, sugar and vanilla.  Then add your cornstarch until just mixed.  Lastly, add all of your cans of corn and blend well.  Pour your mixture into a greased casserole dish and bake for 1 hour.

This serves my family of five twice, which include a big ole' man, and a constantly hungry teenager.  I would say it serves about 8 folks comfortably.

It is served as a side dish, although my family will eat it for breakfast or lunch all by itself.
I hope your family likes this as much as my family does, let me know how it best fit at your table.

~Blessings~
Claudea B.

 





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks soooo yummy! We love corn too! I never thought about frying it! I'll have to try that! :)

Thanks so much for linking up with us! :) I'm following you back! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Kim
http://www.chubbycheeksthinks.com

AngelEden said...

Hi,

I'm your newest follower from the Friday blog hop. I hope you can stop by and follow me too :)

Abi
www.angeleden.blogspot.com