Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pizza Hut Book-It Program


Well, it's the beginning of another month, and for my kiddos that means time to turn in book logs to get there Book It certificates from Pizza Hut.
Pizza Hut offers this Reading Incentive Program to schools and homeschoolers alike, and the best part is, it's FREE!  I love the word free, it's music to my ears.

The program offers monthly certificates to kiddos ages K-6 for a free personal-sized pizza as an incentive to leisurely read a set amount of books.  The number of books read per month is chosen by the teacher or parents. 


We received our Book It coupons in the mail for 2010 in September.  Students are eligible to earn certificates from October through March.  Enrollment for the 2011-2012 year begins May 1, 2011 for homeschoolers.

My kiddos are soooo happy to get this little incentive! As you can see, they are not strict about the age requirements.  Here's living proof that this program brings joy to kiddos of all ages:)

I love it because it provides a bit of an outing once per month, that the kids actually earn.  I ask that they turn in their reading logs around the 1st of the month.   I usually plan for the first Friday of the month to take them to redeem the certificates.  This way it provides something for them to look forward too. 

And they love it...I love capturing unexpected moments with their faces stuffed full of pizza!
It's a win, win for everyone:)

~Blessings~
Claudea B. 

No comments: